<VV> Corvair terminology

Rodney Spooner corvairenterprises at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 21:26:56 EDT 2009

Using proper terminology is essential to accurate communication so you can think you understand what you thought you heard me say is what I meant. But it's not always as simple as that.

For example, a coupe is always a 2-door but a 2-door is not always a coupe. I've always distinguished the early 2-door models with "B" pillars as coupes and the late 2-door models without a "B" pillar as a hardtop (unless of course it's a convertible...)

As long as I can remember, a 4-door with or without a "B" pillar was always called a sedan (unless of course it's a wagon...but then they actually have 5 doors...or is it 4 passenger doors and a liftgate?)

So, if we follow that train of thought, if there are more than 4 passenger doors does that make it a minivan? Is a Greenbrier a minivan even with 8-doors? Can a regular size van have the same number of passenger doors as a minivan but have to be larger?

All the vairy best,
Rodney Spooner
I love Corvairs!

Remember, the Chevrolet Corvair's Golden 50th Anniversary is Friday, October 2nd, 2009. (The Corvair officially went on sale Friday, October 2nd, 1959.) So get'em shined up and ready to show NOW!!!