<VV> How to fix your rusty Vair (advertisement)

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Sat Mar 7 07:56:57 EST 2009

>  You'd think that out of 5000 or so members, at least [ I mean the bare
> bone
>  freaking minimum of 4900] would care about rust oblivion!

In my experience people prefer to do nothing about rust until it is too
late. Everyone behaves like an ostrich towards it, and that's the WORST
THING YOU CAN DO.

Rust is like cancer. If you ignore it, it does not go away. It kills what it
is affecting.

>  BTW, have you tried buy one book, get the net dozen autographed?

Great idea!! (;-))

>  Oh ! and could you post a few pics of your rescued [no rust] corvair in
> your website?

My Vair is in the USA and I can't fix the rust until it gets here (and I am
not planning on importing it any time soon).

But there's no pointing using Vairs as the example anyway. I have selected
the examples as having universal applications (think about it - it wouldn't
be worth printing a separate booklet for every kind of car, and it would be
pointless anyway because most of them are so similarly constructed, and the
places where the rust occurs are so universal).

Rust is rust - it doesn't mater what kind of car it is on., What matters is
the techniques used for fixing it! There is absolutely nothing that sets
Vair rust apart from (e.g.) Fiat rust except that it is (allegedly!) less
severe.

And in fact the windshield surround of a Lancia Beta, which is what I use as
one of the examples in the booklet, is almost identical to the windshield
surround of a late-model Corvair. But it's not the fact that it is similar
to a Vair windshield surround that matters - it's the fact that I show how
to get the rust off it!

And as badly designed, drained and protected against rust.

No, it really doesn't make the slightest difference what kind of car I use
as examples (the pictures are all close-ups anyway, so it wowuld be hard to
identify what it was if I didn't tell you). What matters is learning how to
fix rust and stop it EVER coming back. And you could use an old trashcan to
do that.

Come to think of it, I suppose most people think that's exactly what old
Lancias are...

(;-)))))

Cheers

Alan