<VV> Myrtle Beach & Wood Wheels

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 3 10:27:15 EST 2009

Pete,

The factory wood(-simulated) steering wheel was an option on '64-8 cars.
The '64-6 cars used a two-spoke wheel, and the '67-8 cars used a
three-spoke wheel. The '64 has a hub all its own, whereas the '65-6 had a
different style hub, and the '67-8 had still another style.

BTW, while Clark's doesn't offer an installation kit for a '67-9 column,
Classic Industries (which is where Cal gets his '67-8 wood wheels) does.
They just don't offer the necessary parts to install the wood wheel on a
tele column.

-Mark

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/