<VV> My Happy 4th of July (belated) plus heat issues

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Sun Jul 5 08:16:57 EDT 2009

Stephen,
     Why not simply use a FULLY synthetic oil and then you won't have to worry about these possible overtemp. effects on your oil????
     Frank Burkhard

In a message dated 07/05/09 02:40:09 Eastern Daylight Time, contactsmu at sbcglobal.net writes:
What has given me pause is the oil temps.  They have been going
to 275 which is just at the limit of my gauge (a converted water
gauge which goes to 280).  The sensor is located just above the oil
pan in the triangle on the right side of the block.  That is higher
than normal as before this summer it was normally in the 240-265
range.