<VV> GM - no specific Vair

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Jan 7 12:10:27 EST 2009

Not to mention no place to carry even a duffle bag with the top down and
a top that is ill-fitting and a pain to put up (and down).  (No, I don't
own a Solstice, but my wife owns a Miata and loves it.)

The reason is both simple and complex.  Too many people responsible for
too little.  I saw it happen in my IBM product development career --
want was once developed by a handful of people evolved over the years to
require a building full of people.  Read the story of the Miata
development and compare that to what likely happened at GM in the
Skystice development.  In addition to the loss of productivity,
bureaucracy is a real killer of passion.

The Corvair was a product of a development group with passion -- a
passion that is still evident when people who were key to its
development speak at Corsa conventions.

Dave Keillor