<VV> PG advice needed

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 9 11:30:00 EST 2009

My experiences have "not" been with the Corvair Powerglide, given their
history of reliability, but, one of the old-timer remedies for GM
governor troubles is the Hokey-Pokey -- seriously -- take it out, shake
it all about, and put it right back in.  Sometimes they inexplicably
just get stuck, and a good shake-about will restore them, sometimes
permanently.

Not saying that you have governor troubles for your upshift problem.

Does anyone have significant experience with the accuracy of diagnosis
by pressure testing this transmission?  Again, I just don't have the
experience here, but have found pressure tests a helpful diagnostic for
other trans in the past (meaning I have the dang $300 Snap-On gauge --
okay, it was a weak moment -- not available for loan).

Godspeed!

Bill Strickland