<VV> windshield installation tips needed

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 26 01:16:15 EDT 2009

>[LM"s] use a special sticky rolled up sealer, this stuff will stick to anything, you can get the sealer at most auto parts stores.

This is the classic sixties method, and although it will work fine, like
most things over the years, it has been improved upon -- modern
windshield adhesives will hold better, seal longer, and can look just
like the original, I think they were butyl, strips -- installation is
the same, but instead of rolling out the strip, you squeeze it out of a
tube.  Probably a website or two with more details.

NEW TOOL!  Here's your chance to buy a new tool -- one of those battery
powered caulking guns is ideal for laying out a nice uniform bead of
adhesive sealant

Use your leftovers to try your hand a fabing up some urethane motor or
suspension mounts.

Bill Strickland