<VV> More Re: Brakes grabbing

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 11:56:02 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/6/09 4:08:29 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jvhroberts at aol.com writes:

Yep,  that was one example of REALLY trying hard to make them fade! I had
semimetallic shoes at the time.

Probably THE reason to go to discs is  they're easier to modulate than
drums.

John  Roberts

The reason the factories went to discs was that wheels--within my memory
span--went from 16" to 15", then 14", then for the compacts, to 13"; brake
drums, as diameter decreases, lose their stopping ability; discs can be made
to  work inside smaller wheels without losing their punch.  Isn't it ironic
that, now that discs have become the standard way to brake a car, that
wheel  sizes are going back to where they were 50 years or better ago.

Scotty from Hollyweird

.
steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)