<VV> Corvair Autocrossing and Racing

Henri van Wandelen henri88 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 11:03:49 EDT 2009

Dear Corvair Races and Autocrossers,

I've always wondered -- is it more challenging to get a good track time from a bone stock Corvair than it is to do well in a modified 'Vair?  What I mean is, is the competition tougher in the all-stock group or in the modified classes?

My wife and I recently attended our first SECC Autocross event and had a great time.  One thing that was nice to see were the "club cars" -- cars owned by various Corvair clubs that several members competed in during the weekend.  One of our intrepid Central Florida Corvair members even wants to prepare a club car with a PG for those of us who are "clutch pedal challenged" these days.  I can't wait!

Have any clubs ever had a trophy or ribbon or recognition for the "Best Time in the Club Car"?  This might encourage more people to join in the autocrossing events.

Happy 'Vairing,

Henri van Wandelen
CORSA    Central Florida Corvairs
'65 Monza 110/PG Coupe