<VV> Corvair Dash Plaque

The Reinharts jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com
Sat Oct 25 09:45:10 EDT 2008

All, Some of you probably remember Tom Shepard from Mashalltown, IA. Especially if you participated at a Fire and Ice Event. Tom passed away last year and I recently purchased his 61 Loadside from his wife. In amongst all the parts that came with the truck was a 1.5X 3 inch brass plaque with these words inscribed. This Corvair built especially for LEEDS M. CHESSHIR. I googled that name and got references for Cherokee, IA and Sedona and Red Rock AZ. Tom had the truck shipped in from AZ. so this does make some sense. Does anyone on this list know anything about this person or the origin of a plaque like this? I know the possibilities are endless. Please contact me if you have any information at jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com. Thanks

Jamie Reinhart
1961 Loadsides
1966 Monza Convt.