<VV> High Tire Pressures

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 09:50:15 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/16/2008 12:30:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ronh at owt.com writes:

My  thought is that "the thought" is not very valid as the stiffness of the
sidewalls isn't significant relative to the weight imposed on each  tire.
RonH

I agree.  I only run the higher 18-22 psi front pressures because it  suits
me after over 45 years (sheesh--has it really been that long) of driving
Corvairs.  On every car I have sold I have inflated the tires to the
manufacturer's recommended tire pressures and advised the new owners not to put  extra
weight in the trunk unless they needed to carry something.  I  tell them that they
should get to know their car's handling characteristics  before they change
anything.  Competition is another matter of course, but  I'm only talking about
normal use here.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Washington DC suburbs