<VV> Padded Dash

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:46:28 EDT 2008

Perfectly reasonable plan..... but, the factory pad is glued in place, so
when you remove the pad, don't be surprised to see lots of hard, dry yellow
glue residue all over the place. This stuff isn't easy to remove, but it
will need to be removed, even if you intend to replace the dash pad quickly.
I haven't found a good solvent to make the job easier without needing to
repaint the metal first. Also, with the padded dash option, the speaker
grille and ash tray may look a little odd because they protrude above the
surface of the metal dash a little to allow for the pad. Good luck with it,
it's not the easiest job to do, but it's well worth it when it's all over
and you have the nice new vinyl in place.

--

George Jones