<VV> 304 Cam lift

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sun May 25 23:02:54 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/24/2008 9:50:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
BobHelt at aol.com writes:

Does  anyone know the lift (at the cam lobe) for a 304 cam, and  what the
wear
limit  is?

0.249 +-0.002  inches.
HTH
Regards,
Bob Helt

My manual gives .260 lift for the 891, and a wear limit of  .253.

With these figures and an advertised rocker ratio of 1.58:1, my calculator
tells me that lift at the valve is about 0.411"; are these maximum lifts for
any  GM cams? and if so, why are various people telling me that I ought to
calculate  my heads to be able to service 0.750" lift; 0.500" I could see, but what
 aftermarket cams generate anything like 0.750" at the valve?

Scotty from Hollyweird

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.