<VV> Corvair Idle problem #2

AOK Printing aokprinting at hotmail.com
Sat May 24 14:54:49 EDT 2008

Apparently my messages are not going through VV, so I'm sending through my other address, Hope it goes through.  Ken

Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 11:47:51 -0700From: kcvair at netscape.comTo: Sethracer at aol.comCC: Virtualvairs at corvair.orgSubject: Re: <VV> Idle problem #2

Thanks, I'll try again.
I've got my rebuilt 140 in and running, not sure why I'm not able to get it to idle down.  The crank and camshaft are in correct.  I've had the electronic ignition out and try the points and still will run only if I keep the revs up.  I went through the carbs to reset them.  Secondarys are blocked off temporarily.  The only thing I can see at this point is possibly excessive fuel going into the engine.  I'm not sure why or what to do to solve the problem.  I've never had this happen before.  I might add that when I first ran the car with the new engine there was a lack of power also.  Compression is 155+ on 5 cyl and slightly less on  #5, so compression should not be a problem.  Any and all ideas will be checked out.  Thanks,  Ken Clark
Let me know if this comes through ok.KCVAIR66 CORSA CN W/AIR65 CORSA CP--- Sethracer at aol.com wrote:From: Sethracer at aol.comTo: kcvair at netscape.comSubject: Re: <VV> Idle problemDate: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:39:53 EDT
The message was blank. - Seth

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.