<VV> LED direction of firing

Jim Steinborn jim at steinborn.org
Tue May 13 22:20:28 EDT 2008

Hi Brian,

Since these are intended as 1156 and 1157 replacements, I would assume
that they would be good for taillights. I would guess that the
admonition against having them "on" for a long time refers to "on" with
all the LEDs lit full strength (as opposed to the reduced output of just
the running light). And more specifically, probably refers to the 1156
(single filament) replacement unit. RVs and campers use those for
interior lighting.

If that's the case, they should be fine for car taillights, as long as
one doesn't ride the brake all the time ;-)

Jim

--
Jim Steinborn   Fort Collins,CO         http://www.steinborn.org/jim