<VV> Convention results

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sun Jun 29 16:51:30 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/29/2008 12:28:44 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
FrankCB at aol.com writes:

Hey  Tim,
How come "temps were in the high 60s" at the   Convention but the track
guys report temps over 100 deg??    Where was  the track - Death Valley?  Or
where was the  Convention?  At the top of  a mountain?  I'm just not familiar
 with
states where the temp can vary 35  degrees from one location to  another in
the
same state.  But then I'm in a  relatively small  state - NJ.<GGGGG>
Glad you guys had a good  time.
Frank "stay at home"   Burkhard

The Convention was at the Ventura County Fairgrounds--right across the
street from the beach (at sea level for all practical purposes.) The   racetrack
was near Rosamund in the high desert (maybe 2000 feet above sea  level.) Where I
live, in Hollyweird (about 70 miles from Ventura, mostly east)  it was close
to 95 or 100 degrees on Sunday but cooled off to the 70's all the  week.  Talk
about good timing!!!

Scotty from Hollyweird