<VV> What seems like really horrible mpg for an "economy" car

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 21 16:21:01 EDT 2008

Well, I do drive along with the traffic - no granny driving.  I
haven't ever had the alignment checked because it tracks straight (it
would be a good idea to have it checked), there has been an issue
with the brakes sticking.  I think that I have resolved that (had to
adjust the rear drivers adjustment leaver all the way in) although
the rear wheels seem to have a patch on about 180 degrees of the
revolution where it becomes markedly more difficult to turn the
wheels by hand although great pressure is not required - just seems
like it should turn easier.  The fronts are fine. The shoes are in
the right place (smaller front / larger rear), but the drums were
turned during the rebuild of the brake system and perhaps they are
not as spherical as they should be as I seem to remember that the
fronts had the same peculiarity.  I really need to set it up on
stands and inspect every part of the system as I'm preparing to bleed
the old DOT 3 out, flush, and put in silicone based stop juice.

Stephen