<VV> Healthy pumps?

Jack Kean jkean at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 17 14:41:49 EDT 2008

I inserted a fuel pressure gauge in the fuel line, in place of one of
the secondaries in my 140 hp yesterday. It was registering around 8
pounds at idle, 9 pounds per square inch off idle. Seems at least double
the numbers listed in the shop manual. I am not sure of the source of
this mechanical pump, since it was on the car when I purchased it. I
will be looking into a fuel pressure regulator, which I will be able to
continue to use if I chose to change to an electric fuel pump.

jack kean

--one other thing. I previously removed the top coil from this unit. I
wonder what the pressure was with a untouched spring.