<VV> 4-speed Tranny Sludge

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Jan 4 12:15:38 EST 2008

The 4 speed backup switch has the wires attached, there are no blades (1/4"
quick disconnects) or other removable terminals. The wires are long, maybe
4 feet, as the connector is in the tunnel, where the 3 speed back up switch
would reside. It is normal to have to solder wires back to the terminals of
the 4 speed switch, as they get dragged off when hitting road obstacles.

Frank DuVal

I found a wire/end laying loose on the ground and found that it had come
from
the reverse backup switch.  I removed the switch to see if I could repair it
(PO had soldered wires directly to the base of the contacts, there are no
blades present on the switch.)

Thanks,

Robyn Wood