<VV> Converting a Corvair to electric viable?

Jack Kean jkean at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 31 07:12:55 EST 2008

Seems like the Volt, with the latest of every technology including
regenerative braking, is expected to go 40-50 miles before the IC engine
starts. I do not know how an individual could easily acquire this
technology. Read the TopGear (although the end seemed very flawed)
article on the Tesla, which found it went around 50 miles when pushed
with accessories (aka HO sound system)  and a heavy right pedal.

An Electric Corvair sounds like a very interesting and time consuming
project. Like Mr. Smith said. If you want an electric car go purchase one.

Enjoy the New Year. I'll be in my 68 convertible (with the top down) in
the morning.

jack kean