<VV> Mid life crisis

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Dec 8 14:51:24 EST 2008

There are a few possibilities.  Bolting a factory turbo on is really
not a good idea to a stock 110 - these engines often have trouble
with pinging, adding boost will make it worse.  You can get a bit
more power and more "sporty" sound by going to 140 exhaust logs and a
freer flowing muffler (I like the Walker DynoMax series).  The stock
air filter also has some restriction in the crossover, a high rise
setup to straighten out the flow will help:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/airfilter.html

Other than that, making sure everything is working correctly can
really help - do the carbs go wide open?  Good ignition?  A good
running 110 might not be *fast*, but it should be zippy - the one in
the '66 got the "fun to drive" certification from my #1 son (Stefan),
who is learning to drive a stick.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa