<VV> Mid life crisis

Delta Mfg. deltainc at grm.net
Sun Dec 7 20:25:34 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <PatioMatt at aol.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> Mid life crisis

> .  I was wondering if
> it was realistic to obtain an original  Corvair supercharger and bolt it
> to my existing  engine.  Is this  possible?  How would I go about doing
> it?
>

> Welcome to VV....
>
> Yes a Turbo Supercharger from a Spyder / Corsa can be used... but  per
> your
> self description.. beyond your abilities...
>
>  Look into Nitrous Oxide / Holley     they  have a kit with complete
> instructions.. and it's a bolt on!
>

> Matt  Nall
**********
YOU WANTTHE TRUTH?

You couldn't STAND the truth.

Get yourself a SafeGuard anti pop ignition from  American Pi and throw about
$6K( Rebuilt vair turbo stuff, forged pistons, HD valves/train, mildly trick
heads .... ) into your stocker corvair engine ( oh, rebuilt clutch while you
are at it ... ) .... and you will STILL only have a teaser, good for a few
seconds ....  can't wind it with tearing it apart, and can't top end it
without going to jail, and any fun in between will just melt it down anyway.

I suggest grabbing a v8 vair while they are still cheap...  if the sb goes
kaput, slide in a target box sbc for $1800 or maybe better a 4.3 inline chev
6.

I think v8 vairs, in some running stage ( g ) are cheap compared to a Neon,
( or Cavalier ) which to me is a fun thing, for the bucks,  to flog.

The corollary is that my 110 streeter is just about right ( well, back when
it had all 6 pistons working ) for doing what is most fun in vairs:::
driving them everywhere, and waving back at all the smiling people.

just a thought ; ken campbell idaway