<VV> '64 Rear Suspension

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 20 15:39:14 EDT 2008

Ron wrote:

> You can't compare the '64 leaf spring force on the differential with
> the jacking load on the differential as the latter is much greater
> than the spring force.  There's no comparison ...

au contraire, Ron -- very comparable -- same relative magnitude (powers
of ten), lifts the car three to five inches, and it is continous,
applying that force anytime the wheels are touching the ground, so as a
time related force (Click to see the LaTeX code for this image
<javascript:;>), it is actually much greater, not to mention the
transient loading while being driven. -- if someone wants to go collect
data on this, be my guest, should be relatively easy with today's
technology.

Bill