<VV> Metallic taste in mouth after Corvairing

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 5 11:57:16 EDT 2008

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, while driving
their Corvairs?  It occurred with the stock mufflers and with the Clark's
trombones.  It doesn't matter whether I have the heater on and the windows
rolled up, or no heat and windows all rolled down.

When I did the heads, all new heater hoses, gaskets, seals, etc were
replaced, even the gaskets for the bottom tin that the thermostats mount in.
I don't smell and exhaust fumes in the car.  This metallic taste in your
mouth lasts for an hour or so after driving it.  It didn't affect the taste
of doughnuts I went out a brought home in it this morning.  I even had the
windows up and the heater on.

Any idea what's causing it?

Russ