<VV> 1965 "Monza Spyder" For Sale

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Tue Apr 1 05:52:39 EDT 2008

Hi Guys!

My next door neighbor is settling the estate of his deceased elderly parents
and has found an old Corvair in a shed on the back of the property. He knew
I was into Corvairs and asked me if I was interested, but I have more than I
can handle right now. I told him I would let you all know about it.

I went and looked at it and it appears to be a gold 65 Monza coupe with a
4-speed and a shabby saddle interior. Someone has stuck in a turbo engine
and it has a silver Corsa dash and glovebox door. It has some funny "Spyder"
emblems under the Monza crosses and on the glovebox door. It does have the
proper turbo tail pipe cut-out, the Corsa rear grill and a turbo emblem on
the engine lid. The tires are all flat and it's hard to see in the dark
shed, but it looks like it has real wire wheels with knock-offs like on an
early model.

For you numbers nuts, here are the VIN and Fisher Body numbers:
VIN-107375W100009,  engine-TO816RL, Fisher Body- 08D, C, ST 65-10737 WRN, 2
BODY, TR 706, S-S PAINT, E2LPR3C4PUO5W.

The car shows a little more than 33,000 miles. He can't find the papers or
keys for it, but the owner's manual and protecto-plate in his dad's name are
in the glove box. The car is rough in the usual places. It is obvious that
many generations of mice have lived there. The engine does turn with a
wrench and everything appears to be there (it has a 180HP "Spyder" air
cleaner sticker). It would take a major restoration or be a good parts car.
He wants $1000.00 for it but he might dicker some. His name is Tom and he
can be reached at (502) 277-3665.

Ken Maxwell

Louisville, KY

65 Turbo Corsa Coupe