<VV> Corvair Comradery

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Mon May 7 13:11:19 EDT 2007

Smitty said: "For you folks who don't understand what CORSA is all  about and
who think you can remain independent as you enjoy your Corvairs.   You might
reconsider.  Also think on this.  If you were a member of  the Musta%#$$^ club
or the BMW club or the Corvette club, could you in your  wildest dreams
expect to see this happening to you ? "

Hank chimed  in: "Smitty--not only no, but HELL no!"

Craig says:
Smitty is right, club affiliation can really be a benefit, especially when
you are a long way from home and in trouble.  But I wouldn't say that other
clubs don't do the same things.  NSRA has a well-developed "Fellows Pages"  book
in which there's a list of specific volunteers in almost every city in the
country.  My brother, a PCA (Porsche) club member had the shift lever in  his
'58 break after parade. (Poor previous repair).  A PCA member came out  of the
crowd and offered to go to his home (50 mile drive one-way) to get a  part.
He came back with two, a perfect original and a restored one, both  offered at
no charge.  I was at an NSRA meet and met a guy from  Seattle (350 miles
away). He was in trouble, on the drive over to Spokane,  he had the Corvette-based
front wheel bearing fail in his '48 Plymouth  Convert. street-rod.  It was
Sunday and all the stores that might  have this bearing were closed.  While I was
talking to him, and NCRS  guy comes out of the crowd and offered to help. He
went home,  disassembled his '89 Corvette's front suspension and produced the
wheel bearing  unit, which he proceeded to install in the Plymouth right there
at the  fairgrounds.
Car people, especially club people, are a great bunch of guys and  gals.
Now, if only I could find this kind of support for yard  work...
Craig Nicol