<VV> Convention hotel questions

C. Raia c_raia at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 11:42:06 EST 2007

At this point we're not planning to attend the Detroit
convention. It's over 700 miles, further than I'm
comfortable driving a Corvair. Go ahead and call me
chicken! BUT, I keep seeing promo airfares that could
make it affordable to fly if you catch it right.  The
problem is that these special airfares are always
pretty last minute, it's the nature of the beast. If
something cheap comes along that would work out and we
decide to do the convention at the last minute, what
are the hotel options? I realize I can always check
the host hotel for vacancies, but don't expect there
will be any. For those who know the area, what are
some of the alternatives? I didn't see any listed on
the convention web page.

Thanks,

Celia Raia