<VV> Shocks...EM (info on Bilsteins)

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Mon Jun 18 22:45:05 EDT 2007

At 17:54 6/18/07 -0400,  "Secular" <rusecular at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Does anyone have Koni or Bilstein numbers for EM?

As far as I know the same shock absorbers were used for both EM cars and
FC's and fit both the front and rear.  If you are interested, I have fitted
Bilstein part #B46-0925 (for Dodge D100 truck and B-150-250 series van --
front) shocks on the front and rear of our '65 Greenbrier.  The ride is
quite firm and about as well controlled as is possible considering the
short wheelbase, long overhang of the FC.  In my opinion these shocks are
likely to be too firm for use in the EM car except perhaps on the rear.

BTW, the OD of the Bilstein B46-0925 is just a bit too large for the "hole"
in the rear A-arm.  Some enlargement of the "hole" will be necessary.  The
bolt holes in the lower mounting ears of the shocks will also need some
"additional clearance."

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI