<VV> email scammers

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 21 15:37:00 EST 2007

Chaz...

I did NOT have to (nor would I) "front" any money on such a transaction.
The $$ was sent to my account via ET (not THAT ET - grin).  Neither would I
accept a "cashiers check" and then refund some portion - that was NOT
suggested by my buyer.  BUT, that is the normal way the scams seem to
operate.  The check ends up being bogus long after the funds (and possibly
the car as well) are gone.

My buyer offered electronic transfer AND added a small some to cover the
cost which my bank charged at my end for that transfer.  I took the
precaution of setting up a separate account with a small amount so that was
the most I felt that I had "at risk".

Later, JR
CCE and CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)