<VV> Click/clack wtf oil level.

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Aug 30 18:05:01 EDT 2007

Oh,

I thought this was an insightful discussion of the NPR car guys. Something
mentioned on their show that doesn't make sense to us old car guys.

Chris:

Check oil level only with engine off, and after a short drain down period
(30 seconds plus).

Especially on a Corvair it is unadvised to pull the dipstick while the
engine is running, because if there is excessive blowby (worn rings, etc.)
you will get an eye full of oil. Trust me on this!

Check automatic transmission fluid with engine running and transmission in
park or neutral as per writing on dipstick. Corvair pg is in neutral, as no
park exists.

Frank DuVal