<VV> Need garage ideas (no Corvair)

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 17:33:14 EDT 2007

Hmmm... run at least one 20 amp 120V circuit, and at least one 30 amp  240V
circuit, for welders, big air compressors, etc.

LOTS of T8, 4 foot fluorescents (less energy, electronic ballasts, starts
down to 0ºF).

Mini split heat pump, 24,000 BTU. Gets heating and air conditioning all in
one shot, and non combustion heat! And no shared equipment with the rest of the
 house.

Insulated doors with good weatherstrips are a MUST! As is general  insulation
overall. You'll be glad you did when it gets REALLY cold.

Not a big fan of floor paint, I've seen too much of it chewed up by jack
stands, floor jacks, brown spots from tires, etc.

Floor to ceiling shelves all along the back wall, and one side, but not
where it'll interfere with the cars.

And that describes my present garage!

In a message dated 8/6/2007 5:17:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,