<VV> Delrin other than fans

Vairjer at cs.com Vairjer at cs.com
Wed Aug 1 08:50:09 EDT 2007

For those that might be interested, at Delco Remy, the phenolic points
rubbing block that wore out so rapidly that required frequent points adjustment was
replaced by Delrin which wore much more slowly negating the need for as
frequent points regapping...I am not sure exactly when the changeover happended, but
by the summer of 1963 when I was the replacement supervisor (still in
college) over the inspection group in the "lever crib" and the points set department,
the change had long been made.  Delrin was used in several other switch and
similar applications.

Jerry McKenzie