<VV> carburetor air warming slot

James Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Apr 16 09:52:31 EDT 2007

Yes, the "U" shaped arm is there to hold the left air door open a
crack when installed in the summer position.  It is there to allow
air to flow through the oil cooler should the weather turn cold and
the operator not properly install the plate. It is a safety factor if
the operator is not aware of the plates purpose.   In cold
temperatures, the air door will not open; and thus, not allow any air
circulation through the oil cooler.  The winter position is to point
the "U" shaper arm up (flip it over) and rotate it 180 degrees,
exposing the slot fully.  This allows heated air into the engine
compartment to prevent carburetor icing and promote fuel vaporization.
Jim Davis