<VV> RE: installing a cam?

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 13 17:07:34 EDT 2007

Not so, Bob. The case twists slightly as a result of the torque process.
Even "How to Hotrod Corvairs" (if memory serves) identified this phenomenon
way back in the day. Personally I have, in the past, had a block exhibit the
dreaded tight spot using the factory torque sequence. This was corrected by
a modified sequence. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the case
halves. BTW, this was the engine that regularly revved to 8K at vintage
racing events in Orange Julius in the mid 80s.

Please don't tell me it doesn't happen. Been there and done that.

Regards
Andy Clark
Camano Island, WA.
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan