<VV> More window replacement parts - no corvair

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Sep 19 21:57:04 EDT 2006

> <snip>
> You show how knowledgeable you are when you are ordering or discussing parts
> by using the correct nomenclature.  You guys have no idea how ignorant some
> of these people are of the parts of the car they are trying to restore. Some
> times I have to send pictures of the parts because the customer can't find
> the words to explain what he wants, and of course I don't want to send him
> the wrong part. (I asked for door weatherstrip, but I wanted the part that
> goes on the roof and pillars!)
>
>  You almost want to ask--"are you going to do this yourself?"
>
> Hank

I agree you should know the "proper" name for parts but unfortunately there is often more than one "correct:" name for a part.  I find that often times the person behind the counter doesn't know the right terms.  I always have to go behind the counter at the place I get my boat parts and point to the item on the microfisch diagram - and I'm refering to the part by the name in the shop manual.  Plus you've got the official name and the common name on a lot of parts.  You call it by the official name and you sound like a nerd.  We wouldn't want that would we.  Whatever, as long as I get the RIGHT part I'm happy.