<VV> No Corvair- GM Transmission - Tow Question

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Sep 12 19:19:22 EDT 2006

>  have a car with a 1984 GM - 3 speed automatic transmission. I need to
> tow it.
>I know that I can pick up the drive wheels and tow it backward, but my
>preference is to have the rear wheels on the ground if possible.

Sounds like a Fiero which means that pulling the driveshafts is a pain and
a THM 125 does not have a rear pump. It really depends on how far and how
fast. I have heard that not over 30 miles and not over 50 mph is probably
OK. If it were me I would lift the rear end and tow it backwards. Need to
lock the steering in the straight ahead position.

Padgett