<VV> Blowby sanity check

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Sep 8 23:20:47 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

Well, you may recall I put a "basement fresh" 110 in the '66 which I
had bought as a mostly assembled hadn't been run in 10 years original.
Put O-rings in it and cleaned it up.  Problem is it smokes, and Rislone
in the crankcase, Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinders, and finally CRC
engine flush has not slowed it down one bit.

Symptom is smoke out the vent tube at idle, blue in color, goes to a
strong blue smokestack (I mean a *LOT*, makes your eyes water) when I
rev it and I get oil out the dipstick tube.  Other than that it runs
pretty well - and no smoke out the tailpipe.  Before I make any further
plans, is there any cause for this besides stuck/broken rings?
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa