<VV> Distributor troubles

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sun Oct 22 16:43:30 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Devin" <devin at valleyautomotivesupply.com>
Subject: <VV> Distributor troubles

I rebuilt my distributor today, basically totally disassembled it and
installed a new bushing.  Cleaned everything up and put it all back
together.  Got it back in the car, and now it won't start.  I static timed
it to 10 degrees initial, so I know I've got spark.  .

Devin
***********

Hmmm, remember you only got spark if you see spark ..

hmmm . use the volunteer spark plug method;; get a spare or old plug, and
stick in #1 wiring cap... ground plug on engine somewhere and fire up engine
... if you see spark, you got spark.  Now... is it firing on #1 ( tdc or
so? ) with the valves closed ... ?

A couple years ago, another Iowan ( Tom Shepard) and I found a timing
problem caused by the garage door being up.

All jokes about the Iowa Racing Team aside, it turns out that with the door
open, the excess light forced  us...  to read the timing light wrong, we had
installed the distributor about 60 degrees off .. not real far, right .. ?

OK, if you got spark, then you dont have gas .... ( most of the time ) .