<VV> Drilling out bolts and front A-arms

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Fri Oct 6 01:11:49 EDT 2006

With all due respect to the esteemed Matt Nall, If you drill out a 1/4 bolt
with a 1/4 drill, you end up with NO threads.  I think you mean drill out a
5/16 bolt with a 1/4 drill will leave threads.  Just look up the tap drill
size of a thread to figure out the maximum size drill.
The front A-arms as I recall are taller in the front than in the rear as the
mounting shaft thingie that the bushings slide onto angles downhill toward
the rear.  When mounted, the top ball joint is behind the lower ball joint
to get the proper ackerman and castor.
Clark Hartzel