<VV> Opinions needed

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sun Nov 5 02:26:50 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Paul" <barnaby at shaw.ca>

> Hello one and all, I need some opinions. >
Now any thoghts should I make my 66 convert a Corsa clone with the 140
4spd...or restore the 2dr. 65?
> Robert Paul
********
Opinions?? heck I got a million of 'em ... both sides of every question ...
no waiting ...

I also vote to fix both of them up pretty much " factory configuration "
.... and if any "modifications" .....  make them for reliability ... there
are some truths ( ... uh relative truths ) that I have come to recognize...
1)   Out on a real American road, there are very few cars anymore that you
can outrun in a corvair ( whether 110, 140 or 180 ) .... if the other guy
wants to dust you ....
2)  There are several outstanding cars available marketed in the 1990's that
are now in the 2K$-5K$ range that even if you just go for a test ride (g)
.... will show you what I mean ....   my personal pick would be an Eagle
Talon Mitsu that has about 50K on it from some responsible car guy/gal that
has kept the oil changed ...  but also think Neons, Honda , Nissans, .....
and disgustingly, even a decent chevy cavalier makes for a cheap thrill ...
3)  However, none of the others attract such large numbers of nice folks
just wanting to reminisce, young ladies to smile, and even young gents who
apparently think I have a Ferrari (g) ...  and none these require any
radical changes to engines, gear ratio swaps ...
********
Hey, make it pretty and pretty reliable... ( this will keep you busy (g))
Thats what I would do.
ken campbell, EZE to PLEZE in iowuh