<VV> Exhaust manifold studs

Mel Smith my65vair at hotmail.com
Fri May 12 22:21:39 EDT 2006

I'm replacing my mufflers and u-pipes on my '65 140, and I found it very
hard to remove the pipes, because the flanges on the u-pipes hung up on the
manifold studs. I got them off, but when I tried to install the new ones,
the holes on the flanges were not spaced wide enough to slide on. I made
sure and tried to re-intall the old u-pipes, but had the same problem. Why
don't they fit? Should I heat up the flanges to make them fit? Suggestions?