<VV> ballast

James Davis jld at wk.net
Tue May 9 15:50:09 EDT 2006

To: "VirtualVairs" <VirtualVairs at corvair.org>
Subject: Re: <VV> convertible weights

I used to remove then and every thing else I could unbolt before
driving to the drag strip (in the late 60's).  The 65 Corsa had
unbelievable cowl shake with out them.  Any front tire out of round
(1/8 in or greater) or balance (just 1/2 oz.) results in front end
shake so bad you can't see out of the rear view mirror.  Believe me,
GM wouldn't included them if they weren't necessary.
Jim Davis