<VV> Transaxle Reinstall Questions

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 31 22:00:35 EST 2006

John,

It is my understanding the strut rod position is loosened during alignment,
and then tightened to reflect the aligned status. You do not want to
pre-load the alignment and leave it tight (if you hadn't loosened it..).

There is a spacer on 65 between the trans and the trans cross member as I
recall. About 3/8th. Were you the one asking about it?  I am at a loss to
explain a difference assuming the engine is mounted back in the same
holes-no where else, really to go.  Could you have "cocked" the shift rod
assy, during the removal process? Or somehow moved the front shifter
location as it does slide a bit.

Let us know what you find out,  Good Luck.

Chuck S
BBRT