<VV> "sealed" master cylinders

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 1 04:18:42 EST 2006

Hey Chris,

Even the MCs in the trunks of LMs will develop rust in the brake fluid
regardless of the fact that there is a rubber "seal" between the lid and the
fluid.  Go look at the reservoir (plastic) on your modern car - you can see
through to the fluid.  Is the fluid clear?  If the car is a few years old,
likely NOT!  Vented or not - cast or not - rust gets in the fluid!

OK - if using DOT5 - a different story, but I don't want to start THAT
discussion (again).

Later, JR