<VV> GRM $2006 Challenge Lakewood Update

angrycorvair at aol.com angrycorvair at aol.com
Tue Jun 20 16:45:35 EDT 2006

 All --

It's been a long time since I've posted an update, so here's what's been happening lately.   I've got the four wheel disc brakes pretty much figured out, using a 282mm diameter by 22mm thick vented rotor at all four corners, along with four-piston (36mm) calipers at all four corners.   Brackets are my own design, and were simpler than i expected them to be.   I haven't made the real brackets yet so there are no pix of them, but the calipers can be seen at:

http://evilallianceracing.com/ipw-web/gallery/calipers

I started the bodywork a few weeks ago.   This car has really nice sheetmetal hidden by really bad paint.   There are six layers of paint on the car:  OE primer, OE blue, aftermarket orange, aftermarket black primer, aftermarket blue, then some really nasty grey stuff that may be primer but i'm not quite sure.   Only three rust holes in the body, at the bottoms of both front fenders and on the left side of the rear air grille.   Some bodywork pix are posted at:

http://evilallianceracing.com/ipw-web/gallery/bodywork

And I'll probably post a few more tonight.   Check back frequently, as I'm better about updating the photos than I am about posting updates here.

Anybody in the Detroit area want the OE seats from this car?   Anyone in the Detroit area got a rust-free floorpan they want to get rid of?   This car needs floors.

That's all for now.
patrick aka AngryCorvair at AOL.com