<VV> How tough was that?

Vairtec at optonline.net Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Jun 8 09:09:16 EDT 2006

I am going to be a vendor at the upcoming convention is Buffalo.  The
ongoing -- and thoroughly irrelevant -- thread on how other states do
things reminded me that I needed to get my temporary NY State Sales Tax
Certificate.

So just now I logged on to www.tax.state.ny.us. and found the downloadable
pdf file for Form DTF-17, Application for Registration as a Sales Tax
Vendor.  It turned out to be one of those pdf files that you can fill in
right on your computer, then print.  So I did, and I did.

The last step is somewhat old-fashioned, I had to snail-mail it to Albany.

But

How tough was that?

And if you wonder how I knew which web site to visit and which form to get,
well, the information was in the March issue of the CORSA Communique.

Y'know, I'm the sort of person who is mighty peeved at how government has
its hand in my pocket at every turn.  But I'm also pragmatic.  It took me
maybe three minutes to apply for my tax certificate -- less time than it
took to type this message.  So can we end the Sales Tax thread please?

See you at the convention!

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net