<VV> Door Speakers (other questions too.)

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Fri Jan 27 13:15:47 EST 2006

------------------------------
<snip>

How hard is it to mount spekers in the front bottom of
a late model door?  are there holes there that work
for this purpose, or do I have to cut them.  I'm not
one of those people who freaks out when he has to cut
into his car, so I'm not worried about it.

Also.  If Im going to be doing that, am I going to
want to take off the door panel?....how easy is it,
and will something that hasn't ever been off in 46
years go back on, or am I going to break/ruin
something, and need a new panel?

<snip>

The panels come off easily enough if you use the special tool for removing the handles and the panel clips.  You have to position the clip end of the tool in the right place to avoid pulling them through the panel board but it's not too hard to find where that is.  You can lube up the window mechanism and replace the waterproof door paper while you're at it.

Mike