<VV> Polite Suggestion

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 19 12:25:47 EST 2006

My suggestion is that people just think for a second before they answer.
Who are you answering?  Is it a newbie?  Is it a thick skinned old fart like
me?  Has anybody else answered this question?

If it's a newbie, be friendly and encouraging.  Take some time to answer as
best you can.
That pretty much eliminates, "Oh, Jesus, not again" or "Buy the book,
cheapskate" as an answer.

Otherwise, if you don't want to answer, common decency would suggest
something like, "There's an execllent description of that in Bob Helt's
Classic Corvair book, which is available from our vendors.  I don't have the
time/energy to restate it right now.  If you can't find it, get back with
us."

Lazy abusers of the list don't always qualify for common decency, but I
don't think we have any of those guys asking questions these days.

Roger