<VV> 66 Corsa 140 - No Spark

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Aug 29 14:17:21 EDT 2006

At 07:58 hours 08/29/2006, bmooers at farniente.com wrote:
>I am not getting any spark  from my coil to the distributor on my 66
>Corsa. I had the motor out to replace the clutch and reseal the engine. I
>have double checked all connections from the harness to the coil. I also
>put in a coil from my 63 that works fine to no avail. What may be a cause
>of no spark? The car cranks over easily, I installed a new cap, rotor,
>condensor, and points. I rechecked the point gap to make sure it is
>correct. The wires are connected to the coil correctly per the shop
>manual. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks as always!

Dirty connections on the firewall plug?   Popular spot for corrosion
and plain dirt, makes for intermittent spark among other things when
unplugged and then reconnected again...  you might pop it apart and
spray it bigtime with WD-40 or PB Blaster, maybe even give the
contacts a bit of a scrub with a stiff brush, and then see if your
no-start problem goes away.

If no help, dig out the volt meter and start chasing down the missing
voltage to the coil.    Expect 12 volts with points open on both of
the terminals of the coil, switch ON.    Points closed, the coil's  +
terminal should have ~8 volts, give or take a volt or so, and of
course the  -  terminal should be zero.

tony..