<VV> Heavy Duty Starter

Anil Mittal anil at anil.com
Mon Apr 3 10:11:14 EDT 2006

Eric,

  Are you using one of the compact gear reduction starters? If I
remember correctly that third wire supplies the coil with a full 12V
while cranking. When I put this type of starter on my car I just left
that third wire off. A few months later as a sepperate upgrade I
installed a Petrinics Ignitor II and fed it and the coil 12V at all
times. I never had a problem when the coil  was not getting the full
12V while cranking. Good Luck.

Anil